Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial with the October Kit with Nina

Hi there, it´s Nina here today with a step by step post about a scrapbooking page using the wonderful October kit. At first I want to show you the complete layout...
I decided to use the Dear Lizzy tags as one of the of the main focus on my page. I love all the different designs you get in the package. I placed 3D pads on the back of these six tags to get some more dimensional. 
I always love the use of paint splashes on my pages. Therefore I add some Mister Hueys ink from my stash onto the white cardstock. 
The tags are placed now at the bottom of the white cardstock. For the picture layering I used the cute colored "Dear Lizzy" packaging sheet of the Ribbon Photo Corners. That´s a great way to use those items too.
In the October Kit you get a whole roll of the turquoise trinagle washi tape. I add a strip on the bottom and top of the cardstock.
To give the "celebrate" title a stitched heart frame I placed it on the final spot onto the cardstock and draw a heart around it. It´s great to use a pencil to erase the leftovers after the sewing process.
Mostly it´s not easy to sew round things like circles or hearts. But don´t worry. It looks better the more imperfect it is ;-) I sew around this heart several times to get a great look....
To place the final embellishments onto scrapbook pages is always a lot of fun, right?! The CT exclusive flags are really cute and they look perfectly onto all kind of pictures.
One more exclusive thing are the CT flairs and wood veneer designs. Every month I can´t wait to get the kit to see what kind of designs are packed. The honeycomb veneers are so lovely and versatile to use. You can deposit the bigger ones with patterned papers. Here I used another strip of the "Dear Lizzy" packaging and add the "happy day" button on it....
With Sequins you can give your page a little sparkly touch in less than a minute. Through them without lots of thinking onto your page and add them with glue.
 At least I add some journaling and used the CT stamp set to to add a phrase directly under my title.

Thank you so much for visiting the Citrus Twist blog today. Have fun with your kit!

xoxo
Nina


1 comment: