Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A View from Our Gallery

This week's View from Our Gallery comes out of Texas from subscriber Tina Feng. We love the beautiful simplicity of this layout using color, cut file, embellishments and a single photo. 

Your Challenge

Are you ready for a small challenge? This week create a layout using an entire sheet of patterned paper as your background with a light, solid paper backdrop over the patterned paper, 1 photo and 3 small embellishment clusters. Be sure to share your finished work in our Gallery!

Here is Tina's Together at Last layout:


Tina is here to share a little about her layout:

This layout was made with the Fireflies Main Kit from March.  This was already my fourth layout using this kit, and there were still so many wonderful things left! I love the variety of wood elements included in that month's kit and used several wood veneers along with the My Mind's Eye wooden enamel dots across this page.  I also love the bright yellow chevron background paper--it just screams "summer" and "fun" to me!  

I used my recently acquired Silhouette Cameo for the title work. Two different scraps of patterned paper were used to back the letters to make the title stand out more. I printed my journaling under the title using a typewriter font. I typically hand-write my journaling, but I wanted a more structured look to this layout.   

Thanks so much for visiting!!

Tina Feng

No comments:

Post a Comment