Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Sketch With Sandy

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying your Sunday. Today is sketch day and I present to you the latest sketch from Kaisa. We love to see what you do with our kits and sketches, so please make sure to upload your projects to the Citrus Twist Gallery. And remember, if you upload your take to our Gallery by 2nd May, you will be entered to win a $5 coupon to use on anything in the CTK store! Make sure to add "Sketch 4/26" to the title line when you upload. Have fun! 

April Sketch

I've adapted the sketch to a 8.5"x11" format which I'm most comfortable working in, otherwise I remained pretty faithful to the sketch. When I saw the Amy Tangerine circles paper from the April Pattern Play No 1 Kit I knew it'll be perfect for this sketch.  I fussy-cut a bunch of blue and black circles and layered them around the photo of a cyclist, the spokes of the circles adds a suggestion of bicycle wheels spinning. In place of the two tags in the sketch I use two text labels again cut out from pattern paper. Journaling I printed in two columns directly onto the background paper. To finish things off I embellish with few small pieces including a re-purposed light-blub paperclip from the April Sprinkles Kit.  

a5

I hope you'll be inspired to play along with our sketch challenge. We welcome layouts that stick pretty close to the sketch and also layouts with creative interpretations. Have fun scrapping and I look forward to seeing your takes in our Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment