Saturday, May 2, 2015

3 To Inspire With Sandy

3-To-Inspire
Happy National Scrapbooking Week everyone! Sandy with my first "3 to Inspire" challenge. You can find this challenge here every Saturday for those who need a little extra creative push to get scrapbooking, to keep scrapbooking or for those who just like a challenge! Your take on this challenge can be a layout or a PL spread and remember that you'll want to include all 3 prompts on your project.

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Use numbers
  2. Use arrows
  3. Use the colour gold


d1

With my layout I took inspiration from the "3" in the challenge title creating a page with: three horizontal pattern paper bands above my photo, three dominant colours and even the numbers 1-2-3. Based on a simple colour blocking technique, it came together quickly once I printed out the bands and journaling on white cardstock. Initially it was going to be a 6"x8" page but I kept adding  embellishments to the top. So I ended up matting the design on another piece of 8.5"x11" cardstock with a gold striped tab off to the side to complete the visual triangle.


Now it's your turn! Use the three prompts to create your own projects and share them with us here in the gallery and/or in our Facebook Forum. You can also upload to Instagram and tag us @citrustwistkits. Look forward to seeing your takes on this challenge. 

4 comments: