Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Watercolour with Wax Paper

For as long as I can remember, I have wished to be able to create wonderful watercolour backgrounds as seen on the works of many of my scrappy peers. I was able to find quite a few neat techniques on Pinterest as well but nothing I was able to successfully replicate. 

I then decided to try something out with wax paper and I'll be sharing that technique with you all today.


What you'll need:

- Wax paper
- Paper towels
- Watercolour palette
- Water
- Paint brush (or watercolour brush as seen below but a size 8 or so regular paint brush works best)


Spread out your wax paper and add drops of watercolour here and there. 


Use a paper towel to dab away some of the watercolour off of the wax paper if you'd like some smaller/dotted areas on your paper or leave as is if your looking to get bigger concentrated watercolour areas (as seen bellow).

Grab your background paper and press it down onto the wax paper to transfer the watercolour over. You can either put all your desired colours at once on the wax paper or go at it one colour at a time by repeating all the steps with each colour.


Go ahead, try it out!

Chantal

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing. Would have never thought of it and I love playing with watercolours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea. I love how you can plan out your design first before adding the paper!

    ReplyDelete