Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Every Last Bit

If you've seen any of my posts you may have noticed that I pride myself on using up every last bit of these glorious kits. Today I'm going to show you how with my last layout of the month. I actually created 5 layouts plus a tag mini album this time. All of those and I only used the Main Scrapbook and Embellishment kits. Isn't that something? So here we go... here is the last one using bits and pieces leftover from the other pages.

This is all of the items I had left to work with..


I started by choosing a background paper and began plotting the design...


Then splattered some ink and wrote out the journaling in pencil. This way I would be sure to get the placement of the word stickers right and fill the entire space, design-wise...


Now I can start to adhere some of the elements. If I'm out of the actual letters I need, I will go ahead and cut out the negatives and use those. I kinda love the way that looks for a title... the mix of letters and their outlines in the same words...


Headed towards the home stretch with inking in my journaling and then sewing the lines. The addition of thread makes such a difference to pages visually, in my opinion. It sort of polishes them..


That's it! All you have to do is add some embellishments and call it good. At this point I usually try to think of a fun way to use an element that I've never used it before... in this instance it's putting the "+" stickers in the grid as a sort of border.


Now all I have left of the kit goodness is a handful of scraps and a couple of stickers. Those I will put to good use on my next Project Life spread. Have you ever tried using every last little bit and piece of your kit? How did it turn out?

1 comment: