Friday, June 10, 2016

PL Sketch Friday with Our Guest

Hello again!  I am so excited to share another spread with the June Capri kit.  I made so much with this kit, and had so much fun finding creative ways to get the most out of some of my favorites while finding new ways to use some of the bits that might otherwise get overlooked.

For this layout, I knew I wanted to use the lovely pinky peach leaf patterned paper, but I wanted touches of it throughout the spread, not just on one card.  In order to do this, and to still give myself journaling space, I cut strips that I could adhere easily to the sides of some 3x4 white cardstock.


Although I had to fight the urge to hoard those amazing cork phrase embellishments, using them as little prompts for my journaling was the perfect touch to the simple card.  Adding in the puffy arrows, which I used to highlight some of my favorite spots in the spread's photos, helped to tied it altogether. 


I love tucking in bits of journaling that is visible to the eye when someone flips through my albums, especially simple little notes to self.  Shipping tags are definitely a favorite of mine for these, so after I wrote down my note and added a ribbon, I realized that the glassine envelope that some of the embellishments came in was perfect for the tag!  A pair of pinking shears to the top to trim it down, add some of my favorite little puffy stickers, and it's just right.



I hope this spread encourages you to not only make your own cards out of the kit's awesome embellishments, but also to keep it simple, focusing your supplies to highlight your smallest, but often best, moments of the week!


Here's the sketch for you this week:



Remember, if you create a layout based off of today's sketch and upload it to our gallery with the date of the challenge in the title, you will be eligible to win a bit of Fun Mail from CTK! Looking forward to seeing what you create!




3 comments: