Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday Sketch

Hello Again!  I am so excited to be bringing you the Sunday Sketch Challenge for a couple reasons: this kit and the sketch are awesome, and this is my very first time doing a layout based on a sketch from someone else.  I tell you this newbie fact because I want to encourage you if you haven’t used a sketch before to give it a go!  I think I always worried that I wouldn’t be able to keep my own style while using someone else’s layout, but that wasn’t the case at all.  The sketch allowed me to have a place to start, which gave me more time and room to play a bit with the elements I wanted to use.





 loved the double photos side by side, and it was the perfect opportunity to tell the story of how a tougher start to the day can progress into something better.

Layering with a trimmed 3x4 card for my journaling, and letting the “glitter” stamp add a very literal, but fun sparkle to frame in some of the piece made this collections of bits and bobs so much fun.


Dimension is definitely one of my favorite things to add to both my pocket page spreads and full layouts, so I used pop dots not only to raise the photos and give the page depth, but i punch one of the circles from the patterned paper I cut into the extended tag to raise a bit of the design.

I hope that you have as much fun with this sketch as I did!

**To play along with this week's Sunday Sketch Challenge, create a layout based off of today's sketch, upload it to our gallery with today's date (6/12) in the title, and you will be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK Store!





3 comments:

  1. This sketch is awesome!! I would love to join your challenges but at the moment I am not a subscriber. Do you have to use Citrus Twist kits in the challenges to be eligible to win?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use whatever supplies you like Sandi!

      Delete
  2. I love this sketch!!!
    Here is my layout,with the june main kit
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BG3juXciM7q/?taken-by=opsiteopsite

    ReplyDelete