Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie and Mary


Hello there!

It is time for a new sketch and challenge for this week.    And since we love sketches, Mary and I have teamed up to bring you different takes on this week's super fun sketch!!

We hope that you are also inspired by the sketch and join us in the challenge.  All you have to do is create a project based on the sketch, and post it on the CTK gallery and/or Facebook CTK Fans page with today's date in the title.  We would love to see how  this sketch inspires you!!





First,  my take on the sketch...  I was drawn to the all the negative space, and large title in the sketch, but since my preference is 12x12  pages, I found a creative way to convert this sketch to  fit my pages.




My option was to use a large picture (8.5x11in) instead of the large piece of paper in the sketch, and add  a 12 in white cardstock as background.   The rest of the layout  was built following the sketch.





To create the cluster around the picture, I layered all the Turn the Page ephemera frames.  I used Photoshop to print the pictures, so that I could crop the image and get a second picture of just my teens.  Then just glued it in between the layers on top of the large picture.

Here are just a few more close ups of the page:

All the stars and layers come from the embellishments included in the October Main Kit.   The title was formed using the washi tape from the Embellishment kit, and the main kit stamp.

The same cluster was repeated at the top left corner of the page.   The cluster features embellishments from the October Main Kit

I hope this gives you a chance to see the versatility of the sketch!  I look forward to see your take on the sketch.

XO

Nathalie


And now to be inspired by Mary:

Hi friends!  First off...I'm totally #fangirling over the fact that I get to work with Nathalie this week!  Eeek! 

This sketch was a super fun sketch to play with.  I was really inspired to keep the sketch white on white but to add some texture in:




I played off the scattered embellishments by adding some mixed media with pearlescent water colors I had picked up at an art store in Portland this summer while we were on vacation.  I'm ashamed to admit that this was my first time using them.  I'm pretty sure their feelings were hurt.  We're good now though. 



I was really inspired by the Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes "Carousel" hearts stars stickers which came in the main kit.  I chose to group the hearts together in the coordinating sections of color and stitch through them picking up on more of the texture feeling I was initially going for.


Next I dove into the Pink Paislee/Paige Evans "Turn the Page" ephemera pack which was also included in the main kit and pulled some coordinating bits to scatter through the diagonal embellishment trail.  I especially loved this coppery toned butterfly. 


I made sure to keep the embellishments the same color as the area they were being placed on.  For my title I remembered there was a strip of washi tape from the Pink Paislee Washi Book that was included in the Embellishment ad-on.  Instead of keeping the word as is, I realized there were enough extra letters to spell out "Full of Wonder" which was perfect as this layout was about me wondering over the future.  


I'm excited to watch my daughter grow up and I know I'm raising a really good future friend.  While I am still her mom, we will definitely be friends forever.  



Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today to see Nathalie and my projects!

You can watch my entire process here

xo,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment