Monday, February 5, 2018

Let's Go Monochromatic with Kelly

Hello friends! Today I have a layout and process video to share using the Main kit, Embellishment Add-on, and Project Life kit. I was inspired to create this layout with several of the romantic themed elements that are in the kits, and my starting point was the gorgeous vellum swan die cut. I consider neutrals to include gold, so for my pop of color I chose to use pink.


This photo is of my husband and I when we were on a cruise. The background of the photo is a bit distracting, so I cropped it close. I could have easily turned the photo to black and white, but ended up liking the pop of color the photo brings off the neutral background.

The music sheet that is included in the main kit makes a great layering piece behind the photo and the vellum die cut. I trimmed down the music sheet by using a ruler as a straight edge and tearing down to size. Tearing the paper with the ruler edge gives a bit more control of how much is torn off and keeps it relatively straight.



Usually when working with metallics I stick with one color. The mix of rose gold and gold works beautifully with this page and the pink tones. The large floral was fussy cut from one of the 6x8 papers included in the PL kit and helps to bring balance to the right side of the page.



To finish off the layout I machine stitched in gold thread around the edges of the layout, and added gold mist. Misting led to a happy accident when a blob of gold mist fell onto the page. It bothered me so much that I decided to use the word phrases to cover the mist blob and then layer a few more down the page to balance out the phrases.


I hope that you enjoyed this and will perhaps challenge yourself to make a monochromatic layout in the future. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!




1 comment: